Kellie is a practicing registered counsellor who has a holistic approach to therapy that works with both physical and psychological fitness for life. Kellie has a strong focus on really getting to know and understand who her clients are and provides a safe space free from judgment and biased outcomes. This has been found to assist clients to deepen and explore different aspects of their own lives and bring more understanding to themselves and those around them.
Kellie has a strong focus on personal and professional development, always going deeper with every aspect in her own life to be able to support others to do the same.
- Bachelor of Psychology (In progress – not completed)
- Diploma of Counselling
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA) Member
- Diploma of Fitness
- Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education and Counselling
- Certificate III & IV in Children’s Services
- Lifeline Crisis Support Worker
- Certificate in Recognise and Respond Appropriately to Domestic and Family Violence
- Inside Out Australia - The Essentials: Training Clinicians in Eating Disorders
- Functional Assessment Training
- Body, Life, Skills (Behavioural Management)
- Member of Family Day Care Australia
- Registered NDIS provider
Kellie came to the field of counselling and psychology in a round about way. Starting out in the health and fitness industry then moving to childcare, Kellie's love for supporting people to connect to themselves and their children has only deepened. She has always had the innate qualities of a counsellor and often people came to her for advice well before she entered the field professionally.
She has volunteered with the Australian Breastfeeding Association, Lifeline and Headspace which has given her a steady foundation in counselling by supporting people in vastly different circumstances and of all ages.
For Kellie counselling is not about giving anyone the answers but supporting them to access their own internal resources to be able to feel more settled in their daily lives.
'It is such an honour being the person that people open up to and share their life with. I love getting to know and understand who a person is, then supporting them to connect to that inside themselves' - Kellie Ward